Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How Can I Catch a Chipmunk Without a Trap?

I have tons of chipmunks in my back/front yard and i think under the house also. They're all really cute and I want to catch some but I don't want to buy a trap... yet. Any suggestions on how to Catch these Chipmunks without buying a trap?How Can I Catch a Chipmunk Without a Trap?
They will not do well in captivity. If they are a nuisance, call your nearest wildlife rehabilitation center for assistance in relocation.How Can I Catch a Chipmunk Without a Trap?
Chipmunks from a petstore are a lot different than wild ones. The wild ones are cute, but they will bite. Then there's chances of catching whatever disease or virus they may be carrying. I'd wait and get one at a pet store, it's cheaper than stitches. I know of people who have a lot of patience who have gotten chipmunks to come to them. It takes several weeks of sitting quietly, feeding them peanuts. They will slowly get closer and closer as their trust develops. Eventually they will take a peanut out of your shirt pocket, but if you grab one, it will bite you and you will have destroyed whatever trust you built.
You will need to go buy a humane trap otherwise you run the risk of injuring the chipmunk. if you don't have the money to buy the trap go to the store and look at the trap that is for sale and take a pad of paper and a pencil and draw a diagram of the trap and go home and see if you can duplicate the trap with something from home. Good luck and don't get bitten as they can carry rabies.
They are wild animals, best suited for the outdoors.. If you somehow managed to trap one, it would be terrified. Keeping it confined would be an act of extreme cruelty. Just because you think they're cute, doesn't mean that they want to be your pets.
Chipmunks are difficult to catch without a trap. Some traps are available which are given below:


The best traps


for catching chipmunks is either the LT5518 or the


LT5518RD. The LT5518RD has the rear door which makes


for easy baiting and release. Once caught, take them


at least 5 miles away to release to insure they won't


find their way back to your property. You can also


destroy them if you want to be completely sure they


won't return.





Another repellent is coyote urine as chipmunks do not like to stay where coyotes stay. They are their predators.
Just whistle, but do not eat peanut butter before you endeavor.


Smiles, and good luck!
I agree with you that the chipmunks are cute. All you have to do is simply place food for them. They will eventually go to that same spot for food everyday. For sure, with all your good deeds, they will stay in your place. If you want, after 6 months, just buy a small open cage for them. They will surely make it as their home without you knowing it. Try it. I already did this procedure with the different birds in my mini garden.
Climb a tree and act like a nut!
Hope your not wanting one for a pet, because they are mean as shi*. They have catch and release traps you can buy. That's about the only way your going to get them. They are super smart and super fast!
Chipmunks will bite the fire out of you, if you don't want to get rid of them just enjoy them where they are and leave them alone.
I answered a question somewhat similar to this last week, try this link:





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>





Basically you need to use a granulated form of Castor Oil. Nevermind trapping them, too much of a hassle, but making them go away is much better.
Sneak up on him then grab it.
Hey, that's my family you're talking about here....
lure them in with chipmunk juice.
My cat once caught one, and I took it off of her when I was a kid, (something I will never do again), that sucker bit me good!





We ended up shooting them with BB guns and getting rid of them.





I wish you well..





Jesse
I use to catch chipmunks when I was young we used a cigar box took a string and a stick put bread pieces in the back of the box run your string and yourself to a concealed spot you won't have to wait long in goes the chip you pull the string and you have yourself a chipmunk oh I should mention the lid of the box goes on the bottom you can put a small rock or weight on the top to insure the little guy does not get out befor you want him or her to. what to do with them after you catch them? I sold them to tourists. for 1.00 dollar each. happy hunting.
They will bite the fire out of you.
i wouldnt reccomend chasing them they fu***** bite like sh**. it hurts!!! use a catch and release trap.
In order to get an intelligent answer we all need an intelligent question, WHAT A MAROONE !!!
patients and chopsticks like the fly thing in karate kid
YOU WILL HAVE TO USE A TRAP OF SOME KIND. I WOULD USE A STICK UNDER ONE SIDE OF A WOOD BOX WITH A STRING TIDE TO THE LOWER PART OF THE STICK PUT A HAND FULL OF THERE FOOD UNDER THE BOX IT GOES IN TO GET FOOD ,PULL STRING ,,,,BOXED CHIPMUNK,,,,BUT PISSED OFF CHIPMUNK .WATCH OUT THEY WILL BITE.
I can guarantee, it you try to catch it barehand, it will bite.
how about using a minnow trap

No comments:

Post a Comment