Friday, February 12, 2010

Can I bring my chipmunk from Thailand to Canada?

I now live in Thailand and might have to move back to Canada. I have a lovely chipmunk that I love dearly and would like to bring her back with me to Canada.





Is that possible? Can I take her with me on the plane or would she have to be in the cargo area with dogs and cats (wouldn't that be too traumatising and she might die...17 hours flight...)





What paper work would I need?





Any help appreciatedCan I bring my chipmunk from Thailand to Canada?
Check with the airlines you are thinking of flying with. Their website should have a number to call so you can speak with someone. From Air Canada's wesite it states: Air Canada can refuse to transport an animal due to illness, aggressive behavior, poor kenneling, or extreme temperatures at origin, transfer, or destination airports.





Pets in the cabin service is no longer available on Air Canada, and has been entirely discontinued as of September 18, 2006.





For animals entering Canada, contact the Animal Health Division of Agriculture Canada.





All animals are inspected by government veterinary officials upon landing. Please note that veterinary inspection fees may be charged.





NOTE: Local veterinary health certificates obtained from animal clinics are not sufficient to clear government veterinary inspections. In order to obtain these additional documents, such as government approved health certificates, please contact Consulates and Embassies for each country.Can I bring my chipmunk from Thailand to Canada?
I doubt it
All animals must be stowed in luggage during transport. You will need a vetrenarian certification that the animal is rabies free. The Chipmunk shouldn't have any visa problems since he is indigenous to that area.
Here you go:


http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/general/other鈥?/a>


more specifically, you can consult this website:


http://airs-sari.inspection.gc.ca/AIRS/a鈥?/a>


I've tried the search for you, and it looks as if chipmunks are approved. It would then be up to the airline on how you'd bring her with you.





good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment