Friday, February 12, 2010

When does chipmunk season start?

Like when are your chances highest of seeing a chipmunk run around?When does chipmunk season start?
Spring once the snow starts to melt and they are makin' babies. March or April?When does chipmunk season start?
Probably at the beginning of spring.





There are a lot of chipmunks in Colorado, I remember seeing them when I went there in July.
i never see a little chipmunk
Actually Tamias striatus (the eastern chipmunk) is active year round. If you want to see some then put out some nuts on the ground near rock piles and stumps. Keep them out and you will have lots of chipmunks making a permanent home nearby.





My grad work was on squirrels. And now that I have my own property I have lots of chipmunks running around.





Edit. They are more active however in warm weather. In cold weather they tend to stay inside their tunnels more.

No comments:

Post a Comment