Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My jaw and gums are so swollen that I look like a chipmunk I have a wisdom tooth trying to come in.?

I think it seems more like the jaw than the tooth though ever since this tooth started to come in I've bit my jaw constantly and now I can't even touch my back teeth together. Please Help! I don't have insurance so getting it cut out is really a last resort.My jaw and gums are so swollen that I look like a chipmunk I have a wisdom tooth trying to come in.?
If you are really very swollen you may have pericornitis. This is an infection of the tissue surrounding the wisdom tooth that is trying to erupt. This can be extremely painful and requires antibiotics. Sometimes if you have recently seen a dentist they will call some antibiotics in or if you have a regular physician they might call something in. Otherwise, warm salt water rinses frequently and I recommend Aleve for best relief.My jaw and gums are so swollen that I look like a chipmunk I have a wisdom tooth trying to come in.?
=/ you have 2 options, wait and hope that your wisdom teeth settle down and the swelling goes down, or have them removed. if you are in pain you can use a gum numbing gel that people use for teething babies that really does work. you can probably find it at walmart or a local store. I also suggest rinsing your mouth out with hydrogen peroxide. swish it around your mouth for around 30 sec but don't gurgle or swallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment