Friday, February 5, 2010

What can I put in a Chipmunk hole to keep it from coming back?

A chipmunk has found a home right next to the foundation of our home, I am worried about a water issue because it is right next to the foundation. I tried covering it over and packing it tight but it insists on living there and just digs another hole. I don't mind them in the rest of the yard but not where it is.What can I put in a Chipmunk hole to keep it from coming back?
saturate the ground with chlorine bleach or spread around moth ballsWhat can I put in a Chipmunk hole to keep it from coming back?
There are tunnels going everywhere. If you keep filling that hole up, it will create one just a foot away from that. It is basically a lost cause unless you catch them with a trap and take them and their little friends/family elsewhere. In some places this is not allowed (in my town it is). We have the same issue with ground squirrels - catch and release is the only remedy.
One of those fake owls they sell in garden supply places can actually do the trick. Place it at some height nearby and chipmunks and other small rodents keep away. It's worked for me.
Drop a bag of moth balls in the hole. Fill with water.
  • money
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment