Friday, February 5, 2010

How to Clean Up After a Pet Chipmunk?

A friend of mine purchased a pet chipmunk at a local pet store a few weeks ago and is now wanting to clean its cage. She is unsure how to go about doing this, so she asked me. I really have no clue, but I'm hoping someone on here does. I'd appreciate any advice someone can give me that I can pass onto my friend.How to Clean Up After a Pet Chipmunk?
Hi Aleasha... the most effective way to clean a small critters cage requires multiple steps.





Here is a website that is quite thorough at providing these steps: http://www.doityourself.com/stry/cleansm鈥?/a>





Additionally, what the website doesn't mention is to use 1 part bleach to 3 parts of water (diluting the bleach) and wipe down everything thoroughly with the solution. Afterwards, wipe down everything again with a damp washcloth to pick up any remaining residue. This is mostly to kill any harbouring bacteria within the cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment