Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How do I get rid of this chipmunk face?

I'm taking a high dose of prednisone %26amp; I need advice on how to get rid of this chipmunk face. I hate how my chubby cheeks look. I'm doing my best to stay away from added sodium in my diet. Plz help!How do I get rid of this chipmunk face?
i used to take prednisone and a diuretic because i had kidney probelms and even though the diuretic helped i still retained alot of water and so i started drinking lots of coffee and tea with honey, it helped me pee alooooot and drinking a can of beer helps too. alcohol is a natural diuretic. and limit how much liquid you drink other than the ones mentioned above





im guessing that your chipmunk face is from water retention. if not, DO NOT TAKE MY ADVICE. How do I get rid of this chipmunk face?
Khanz,


Your ‘chipmonk’ face is usually referred to as a “moon face”. Unfortunately, whilst you maintain your high dose of prednisone, there is absolutely no way that you will be able to loose it. That is the ‘bad’ news. The ‘good’ news is that it does go away. It is usual to find that when your dose has been lowered to around the ‘magic’ figure of 10mg, your weight gain, bloating, and moon face will all virtually disappear. You may retain a little extra weight, but your present appearance will improve, and surprisingly rapidly also. You do not state how long you have been taking your high dose, but it should not last for too long. Occasionally, however, the dose of steroids cannot be reduced. To obtain an accurate reply to your question on this matter, you should consult with your prescribing doctor.











ALL ANSWERS SHOULD BE THOROUGHLY RESEARCHED, IN ANY FORUM AND ESPECIALLY IN THIS ONE. - MANY ANSWERS ARE FLAWED.








The information provided here should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed physician should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.











Hope this helps


matador 89

No comments:

Post a Comment