Friday, February 5, 2010

Where can I find a hamster that looks like chipmunk?

I am planning on getting my 4-year-old brother a hamster for Christmas! What he does not know is that it is a hamster, he thinks it's a chipmunk, you know like the ones from Alvin and the Chipmunks! He is going to be so excited, has know idea yet, so please help me out. Thx 4 the help!!!!!!Where can I find a hamster that looks like chipmunk?
Visit a geneticist.Where can I find a hamster that looks like chipmunk?
a hamster looks like a hamster and a chipmunk looks like a chipmunk. do you mean you want it to have stripes? a fuzzy tail?


that doesn't exists.


if he's 4, tell him that's just what chipmunks look like, and it'll be a good laugh when he's old enough to know better.


be careful, hamsters aren't always the greatest present for 4 year olds. you can't cuddle them, they tend to bite, and they are nocturnal, so will not be active or interesting during the day and make noise all night.
I'm afraid hamsters are *really* bad pets for such young children. They will be nippy with out constant handling and training, and your son, unintentionally of course, will hurt your hamster with rough handling. Its what small children do, hamsters/guineapigs/rabbits are suitable from childen 10 and onwards.





I would say a pet suitable for such a young child would be a kind of small dog, as they are small, bond better, easier to train, and usually love kids.





Hope I've helped, and sorry to disappoint you, but I promise that they are not great for small children.


As a child I had a lot larger animals, guinea pigs and rabbits, yet I still handled them roughly, so sadly we learned the hard way, guinea pigs and rabbits, or smaller, or simply not for young kids.


=]



My hamster is a Chinese Dwarf hamster. Compared to a Chipmunk/Squirrel she looks like it. I guess because she has a stripe down her back like a chipmunk. ;] very cute hammies.





:)


This is what they look like:http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/vi鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment