Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How do I get chipmunk's out of my car engine?

They are starting to eat the wires and leaving behind acorns and my car is acting bad. Help!How do I get chipmunk's out of my car engine?
You have to eradicate them. They are more persistent than telemarketers. Here is the best way. Go to a farm store and purchase a small live trap. The smallest will do nicely. Bait it with bird seed and place it near you car. For some reason chipmunks love bird seed. When you catch one, the best way to get rid of it is to drowned it. Fill a garbage pail 3 ft. full of water and toss the trap with chipmunk into it. It is a relatively painless. Do not try to take a live chipmunk out of a trap. They have very sharp teeth and know how to use them. If you catch something else such as a bird, open the doors and let it out. If you use a small trap you will not have to worry about catching a skunk--a real problem--because they are so large that they can trip the trap without the door closing fully on them. The same with large squirrels. Small squirrels such as pine squirrels might get caught. They are also likely culprits of your car engine problem.





Several years ago I had a very pesky chipmunk in my garage. Before I was done, I caught 26 in the garage. I believe they thought it was Club Chipmunk.How do I get chipmunk's out of my car engine?
start it drive kinda fast ish with luck they hit the fan or belts problem solved
Buy one of those fake barn owls and put it on the car as a hood ornament.
lol....this is a good one. Well not a lot that you can do unless you keep your car in a garage or put up a mesh material (that they can't eat through) in the areas that they are getting in. And the latter is a very difficult thing to do. Get a BB Gun.
if you have a remote starter, i'd suggest smearing some peanut butter on your fan shroud. wait for an hour or two, and start it up. chipmunks wont know what hit 'em!


other wise, leave a pie tin full of pure anti-freeze under your engine. good luck!
Get a dog to keep near the car. Let it run loose. In most cases they will just play but the car will be left alone.


A bit more, you might try a rat poison like Decon. Under the hood.


I had a customer with the same troubles inside a garage!

No comments:

Post a Comment