Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What are the chances this was a chipmunk in my family room?

I left the door open to the outside and went into the kitchen to do some dishes. When I came back out to the family room, there was a little brown animal with brown eyes and a thin tail looking up at me. I almost passed out because I didnt expect to see him. It was being pretty friendly with my dog who seems friendly with him. I thought he was a baby squirrel until I seen his tail was not fluffy. He probably weighed a pound.


My daughter says it has been running around in our yard and snacking off the front deck. She thinks its not a big deal because she said when she and her brother were here at home alone about a couple years ago, he ran up into the water spout and they tried to blow him out with bottle rockets.


If he is a harmless little varmin, I would rather not mess with him. Currently, I am not so sure he is not still in the house here with me. Its putting me a little on edge.


Do you think this is a chipmunk? We live in illinois.What are the chances this was a chipmunk in my family room?
Chipmunks are very curious animals. I get one in our house every time I leave the door open. They'll go out just as fast if you leave the door open and watch from a distance. Close the door or he'll be back in.





The Chipmunk will not stay hidden very long if it's in the house. They just have to keep looking around. Of course this behavior makes them successful in the wild because they have to keep busy looking for food.





I've never heard of a chipmunk with rabies.What are the chances this was a chipmunk in my family room?
Could have rabis.
Sounds like it might have been a chipmunk. NO big deal. If he's still in the house, he's more scared of you than you are of him. And in your case, I'm afraid, he has good reason. If I were you, I'd be more concerned about the fact that your children think it's perfectly fine to try try to blow up a tiny animal with a bottle rocket!
Sounds like a chipmunk.Have you seen other chipmunks in your area? Was the tail furry? If it was fur-less it could have been somebodies per rat. Don't get alarmed about that idea. There has never been found a case of rabies in rats. If your dog was friendly with it, whatever it is, it should be OK. Dogs are smart and know if something is dangerous.It could be a chipmunk some one raised by hand.


I would be on edge if it were a snake but as far as I know there are no attack chipmunks. I did hear a funny story about an attack squirrel and a guy on a motorcycle, but it was too funny to have really happened.


If you see it again and don't want it in your house, put down something tasty just outside the door. It sounds like it isn't very afraid of people. Maybe it should be, if your kids want to blow it up with bottle rockets! Every little critter just wants to eat. Enjoy it and feel blessed that it has chosen you to live near. bt
sounds like it is , they're harmless . if he's in the house hell either find a way out or he'll show up . set some food out somewhere near a window or door, to bait it and try to leave the window or door open so he can get out .
  • african american hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment