Friday, February 5, 2010

Does anyone know what I can put down a chipmunk hole to make them ';relocate';?

These chipmunks are driving me nuts. I don't want to kill them, and I don't want to live trap them -- I just want them to quit living in my garden. Can I throw something like bleach or ammonia down their holes to repel them?Does anyone know what I can put down a chipmunk hole to make them ';relocate';?
Mothballs, ammonia, and bleach will all poison the chipmunks, and any other animals around. The ammonia and bleach can also kill the plants near where you pour it.





Try using castor oil. You can get it in the pharmacy section of your grocery/mega-store. The smell of the oil will drive the away moles, gophers, chipmunks, and some other varmints. Castor oil does not harm plants or animals.





Good luck.Does anyone know what I can put down a chipmunk hole to make them ';relocate';?
a snake.
Cherry Bombs.....
Bleach or ammonia will probably repel them AND anything you'd ever planned to grow in that soil, so keep the chemicals inside. No need to poison the ground to chase away ground-squirrels or chipmunks. I've been told that moth-balls have a decent track record, but if you're desperate, try upending a barrel cactus inside the hole, keeping it in the planter with the roots intact. Chipmunks detest spiny, spiky undergrowth and will generally relocate to a softer, more pliable environment.
get a garden snake and put it in the hole or u can always shove a water hose down the hole and flood them out
Try moth balls. They worked for the squirrels we had in our attic and walls.
dynamite
C-4, shaped like a rabbit or a woodchuck.
ground pepper;black or red. use very heavy. you can also run some along your property broader to keep them off your yard.

2 comments:

  1. I care nothing about pouring down bleach I have tried everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doria,
    You are a smart ass idiot. Your comments are assinine.

    ReplyDelete