Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Can a tamed chipmunk survive if released in the wild?

Hello, I had found an orphaned, baby chipmunk. I kept it as it was too small to be released in the wild, thought of releasing it after it starts eating solid food. Now is is old enough to be released, but has become awfully tamed. He has become so tame that I am scared that he may die if released. Please help. I am against keeping wild animals but am not able to decide what to do.Can a tamed chipmunk survive if released in the wild?
I don't know about chipmunks but I know squirrels do not do well when they are tamed then released. Remember they never got to learn wild traits of survival, so they expect food just to be there and are unaware of danger. If you let it go then do it where you can watch it on a daily basis and help it with food and water for a while until you are sure it can survive on its own.Can a tamed chipmunk survive if released in the wild?
Hello my name is well i cant telll u but there are many chipmunk alll over my house i live in a ranch

Report Abuse



If you release it now after becoming so tamed it will not know how to get its own food, or protect itself from other animals...it would probably be in the best interest of the chipmunk for you to keep it
  • money
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment